Thank you to everyone who entered my Solar give away.
The 3 Solar T-shirts go to: Jane Willis, Natalie Newham and Teresa Majury
Congratulations to the winners! I will get in touch by email soon.
Blogger discussions of the week
- Next Read had an interesting discussion about deciding which books to read and review.
- Regular Rumination wrote a great post about how negative book reviews can make the book more intriguing to the reader.
- Book Lust discussed falling for book hype.
Elsewhere on the Internet
As a book seller on Amazon I am quite annoyed by their new policy which forces sellers to ensure their books are not cheaper on other selling platforms. Luckily I don’t normally have the same stock for sale on different sites at the same time, but this will have a big impact on some people.
This is a lovely little video about the publishing industry – I thought it was very clever!
- Ian Rankin defends crime fiction
- Haruki Murakami has a website and is on twitter @haruki_murakami
- Get London Reading has launched an interactive map showing where books based in London are set.
- I love the idea of the suitcase library – wouldn’t it be great if every pub, coffee shop and restaurant you went in had its own little library?!
- Gok Wan, one of the TV Book Club presenters admits that he isn’t a big reader and didn’t actually make it to the end of a book in time for the show!
- Finally, this isn’t anything to do with books, but I was amused to discover that the worst cycle lane in the UK is quite close to where I live.