You might notice that I’ve made a few changes around here. The annoying thing is that most of them are behind the scenes, so as you won’t be able to tell what has taken up so much of my time this weekend. I hope you can notice a slight difference though.
Here is what I’ve done.
- Changed my blog theme to one which supports threaded comments and performs better in the search rankings.
- Upgraded to Word-press 2.8.
- Found and added new plug-ins after I discovered half of my old ones didn’t work with Word-press 2.8!
- Added a broad column above the two single ones in my sidebar.
- Changed a few of the things I display in my sidebar.
It has taken me ages, but I am really pleased with the results.
The main thing I am really excited to have achieved is that I have now made the front page for people googling ‘book blog’ in the UK.
There are still a few things that aren’t quite as I’d like them, but I think I’ll leave them for another day!
A Few Links
On a similar theme I have just discovered the RobAroundBooks Blog. He has a great bookshelf of the week feature along with lots of other interesting bookish posts. If you’ve never heard of him before, then go and take a look – I think you’ll like what you see!
A Few Books Which Have Caught My Eye
Finally I’ve just received this award from Another Cookie Crumbles. Thank you so much! I love your blog too!