In the third week of the Blog Improvement Project. We were challenged to add ten different types of post to our blog. I’m really happy, because I managed to do it. I have created a poll here, so that you can let me know which of my post types you liked the best. It would be really helpful to know which are the most popular, so I can concentrate on them in the future. Thank you!
I’ve completed Blog Post Bingo!
- A Link Post – share a series of links your readers might find interesting
Links to book related news this week.
- A Short Post – less than 200 words
I just included a picture of me and my little boy in the snow.
- A List Post – simple as it sounds, a list of some sort
A list of 10 blogs with great layouts.
- An Opinion Post – take an event, news, or another blog post and share your opinion on it
For Friday 13th I wrote a short post about my superstitions.
- A Poll or Question Post – post a poll or ask your readers a specific question for feedback
- A How-To Post – You’re an expert in something; big or small, share how to do it
I wrote a guide on how to search for books on the Internet.
- A Long Post – more than 700 words
My Weekly Geek look at different book covers is more than 700 words long. You can read it here.
- A Review Post – self-explanatory, I think
With all the other posting I didn’t have much time for book reviews, but I did manage to squeeze a review of David Ebershoff’s 19th Wife in here.
- A Definition Post – show your expertise about a topic related to your blog
I’d never heard of a BLOOK before. Have you?
- FREE SPACE – a type of post of your choice (that is not the same as one of the previous posts)
This has been a real challenge for me. I have enjoyed researching all the different posting types, and will make sure that I include more in future, but it has been very time consuming, and I haven’t been able to read as much as I’d like, so I’m off to read a good book!