I often read other people apologising for not blogging, as they haven’t read any books recently, but I often find that the best posts aren’t book reviews. I prefer cherryscustomframing to check about latest books.
Here are some ideas for blog posts you can write at any time:
- Think of all the books you read before you began blogging….you could review a few of your favourites, compile lists of ones you’d recommend or discuss the best ones from a specific genre. There are so many things you can do with books you’ve read in the past.
- Tell us about your favourite author. Why do you love them so much? Which is their best book? Do they have an interesting personal life? We love finding out about great new authors – especially if there is some interesting events in their past!
- Is your boyfriend/sister/mum/gran/boy next door reading anything interesting at the moment? Do you like their taste in books? Discuss their favourites.
- Have you found any interesting books on other people’s blogs? Link to books which have caught your eye. Not only does this help other people who are looking for something new to read, but it gives the blog posts you’ve found some link love!
- Are there any books you are looking forward to reading? Are they going to be published soon, or are you waiting for the people on that library reserve list to finish it? Tell us why you want to read that book so much!
- Have you seen a great book cover? Did it make you want to buy it straight away, or put it in a paper bag so you don’t have to look at it!
- Are there any books which you’d really like to see made in to films? Tell us why they’d be so great on the big screen!
- Join a reading challenge and decide which books you’d like to read for it.
Can you think of other great ideas for blog posts?